Montana County Saves $77,000 Per Year Via ESPC
Ameresco has begun work on an energy savings performance contract (ESPC) with Lewis and Clark County, Mont., in which Ameresco will install over $1.6 million of energy efficiency improvements at 28 county-owned buildings.
The project is expected to be completed in the fall of 2013, and the improvements are projected to save the county about $77,000 annually.
Although the county had the resources available to fund the project, it chose to use an energy savings performance contract to repay the capital budgets through the guaranteed energy savings.
Prior to beginning work, Ameresco performed an investment-grade audit to identify areas where energy savings measures could be implemented throughout the buildings and facilities and created a plan for the design and implementation of project renovations.
The ESPC includes lighting upgrades, building envelope improvements, water conservation measures, and HVAC and boiler system upgrades at the Law Enforcement Center and Myrna Loy buildings. Ameresco will also provide the training and operational oversight of the new systems.
Additional capital cost avoidance improvements include new dual pane windows at the historic Courthouse and heat pump replacements at the Law Enforcement Center.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing