Montana County Saves $77,000 Per Year Via ESPC
Ameresco has begun work on an energy savings performance contract (ESPC) with Lewis and Clark County, Mont., in which Ameresco will install over $1.6 million of energy efficiency improvements at 28 county-owned buildings.
The project is expected to be completed in the fall of 2013, and the improvements are projected to save the county about $77,000 annually.
Although the county had the resources available to fund the project, it chose to use an energy savings performance contract to repay the capital budgets through the guaranteed energy savings.
Prior to beginning work, Ameresco performed an investment-grade audit to identify areas where energy savings measures could be implemented throughout the buildings and facilities and created a plan for the design and implementation of project renovations.
The ESPC includes lighting upgrades, building envelope improvements, water conservation measures, and HVAC and boiler system upgrades at the Law Enforcement Center and Myrna Loy buildings. Ameresco will also provide the training and operational oversight of the new systems.
Additional capital cost avoidance improvements include new dual pane windows at the historic Courthouse and heat pump replacements at the Law Enforcement Center.
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement