Montana County Saves $77,000 Per Year Via ESPC
Ameresco has begun work on an energy savings performance contract (ESPC) with Lewis and Clark County, Mont., in which Ameresco will install over $1.6 million of energy efficiency improvements at 28 county-owned buildings.
The project is expected to be completed in the fall of 2013, and the improvements are projected to save the county about $77,000 annually.
Although the county had the resources available to fund the project, it chose to use an energy savings performance contract to repay the capital budgets through the guaranteed energy savings.
Prior to beginning work, Ameresco performed an investment-grade audit to identify areas where energy savings measures could be implemented throughout the buildings and facilities and created a plan for the design and implementation of project renovations.
The ESPC includes lighting upgrades, building envelope improvements, water conservation measures, and HVAC and boiler system upgrades at the Law Enforcement Center and Myrna Loy buildings. Ameresco will also provide the training and operational oversight of the new systems.
Additional capital cost avoidance improvements include new dual pane windows at the historic Courthouse and heat pump replacements at the Law Enforcement Center.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management