More LED Installations than Fluorescents Expected This Year
Lighting installers expect to furnish more LEDs than fluorescent fixtures over the coming year for the first time. The fourth annual lighting survey by energy-efficient lighting manufacturer Precision-Paragon shows that a slight margin expects LEDs to be the dominant technology.
LEDs were selected by 49 percent of respondents, while fluorescents were chosen by 46 percent. LED’s share almost doubled from the 26 percent that chose it as the leading technology a year ago. Strong growth has been seen in the commercial sector.
The survey has been conducted annually since 2010. This year’s survey was distributed in December to over 5,000 energy-efficient lighting industry professionals.
Survey respondents indicated that in 2013, LEDs accounted for 37 percent of the fixtures they installed. That’s up from 27 percent in 2012, and 13 percent in 2011.
Overall, the survey respondents reported a positive outlook for the energy-efficient lighting industry. Sixty-four percent indicated that they had experienced either modest or substantial growth in 2013, and 82 percent expect the overall energy-efficient lighting industry to experience growth in 2014.
More complete survey results are available on the Precision-Paragon energy-efficient lighting blog.
Additionally, well over half of the energy-efficient lighting professionals surveyed reported experiencing either “modest” or “substantial” growth in 2013. That’s in contrast to just 20 percent who experienced either “modest” or “substantial” decreases in their energy-efficient lighting revenue.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection