Mosaic Almost Too Popular
When the crowdfunding company Mosaic launched its first return-on-investment solar projects to the public earlier this month, it sold out all three projects in less than 24 hours with over $300,000 invested.
Recognizing the pent-up demand for investing in solar, Mosaic is now collaborating with 16 organizations in the solar industry to speed up the process of getting solar projects in need of funding onto its portal.
Collaborators, including Standard & Poor’s and DuPont, are working with Mosaic to standardize risk assessment and develop a score – similar to a credit rating – for each solar project. Currently, Mosaic has an investment committee and works with attorneys, technical experts and insurance specialists to evaluate every project before deciding to finance it. The company says standardizing the way that solar projects are evaluated will speed the rate of financing.
Mosaic has also brought Marco Krapels, an executive vice president at Rabobank with 20 years of banking experience, including renewable energy project finance, onto its Board of Directors.
To date, Mosaic has raised $1.1 million from more than 700 investors to finance twelve rooftop solar power plants in California, Arizona and New Jersey. Mosaic’s latest projects were available to residents of California and New York as well as accredited investors from around the country.
- 9 Ways to Reduce Energy Costs
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- How to Reduce Cost by Increasing Accountability for Energy Efficiency
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems