Motel 6 Installing Telkonet Energy Management System
Motel 6 and Studio 6 locations across the United States and Canada will be installing Telkonet’s EcoSmart energy management systems in approximately 600 locations.
To date, Telkonet has installed its EcoSmart technology throughout seven Motel 6 and Studio 6 properties including Motel 6 locations in Hartford/Southington, Conn.; Hartford/Windsor Locks, Conn.; New London/Niantic, Conn.; Lewisville, Texas; Northlake/Speedway, Texas; and Studio 6 locations in Greensboro, N.C. and Kissimmee, Fla.
“After a series of trial installations and competitive product comparisons, we arrived at the decision to use EcoSmart to significantly reduce HVAC energy consumption without affecting the guest experience,” said Renee Swoger, director of energy & capital administration, Motel 6/Studio 6.
Telkonet will perform turnkey installations at the Motel 6 and Studio 6 properties, providing the EcoWave wireless thermostat package and necessary networking equipment as energy management upgrades are scheduled.
“EcoSmart will assist Motel 6/Studio 6 in meeting sustainability goals, in addition to making maintenance uncomplicated for our regional maintenance engineers,” Swoger added. “The components of the fully-networked EcoSmart solution at each property can be viewed from the EcoCentral management platform, allowing for remote troubleshooting and investigation.”
While controlling the HVAC system to optimize operation and energy savings, the EcoWave thermostat records occupancy and HVAC usage data. This provides hotel management with room occupancy patterns and percentages correlated with HVAC system efficiency and runtime hours saved, as well as HVAC unit health statistics.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- There’s Money in the Trash