Motel 6 Property Installs Solar
The Motel 6 franchise located in Anderson, California, has installed more than 350 photovoltaic panels that are expected to generate 100 percent of the energy used by the property.
The Hanwha Q-cell 255W solar panels were installed by Halcyon Solar Construction.
Motel 6 is committed to sustainability through several programs including recycling, energy and water conservation, and the renovation of its entire network in order to meet higher green standards with features such fluorescent light bulbs in all rooms, low-flow shower heads, high efficiency toilets, and high efficiency heating and air-conditioning units.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles