Motor Management and Protection Relay from Eaton
Eaton has introduced the Power Xpert C445 intelligent motor management and protection relay, which is designed for heavy industrial and continuous process operations.
The goals, according to the company, are to hike energy awareness compared to traditional methods, enhance operator safety and improve operations through enhanced diagnostics. Industries with complex startup and shut down procedures will find the Xpert C445 useful. These include companies in the oil and gas, pulp and paper and sanitary waste water treatment industries.
Monitoring industrial-scale motors can save significant amounts of energy. In March, Asset Sustainability@Work introduced Motors@Work v 2.0 electric motor life-cycle energy performance management system. In July, Siemens Industry Services announced a monitoring service using technology from Veros Systems. The approach is to use high frequency measurements of currents and voltages to assess the operating performance and health of the motors.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles