Movie Theaters Find Ways to Save Energy
Movie theater owners have the usual options to reduce energy consumption: switch to LED lighting; upgrade HVAC systems; install energy management systems.
But some theater owners nationwide have gone above and beyond, according to Mother Nature Network, which identified these stars:
- The three-screen independent Palm Theatre in San Luis Obispo, Calif., installed a 12 kW solar system consisting of 98 photovoltaic panels.
- The landmark Fairfax 6 Theater in Fairfax, Calif., part of the Cinema West chain, recently installed a 27 kW PV array. And two other Cinema West theaters in California boast PV arrays: the Livermore Cinema and the Palladio 16 Cinemas.
- Carmike Cinema’s Majestic 12 in downtown Chattanooga, Tenn. – a LEED Gold certified movie theater – saves energy with motion and daylight sensors on lighting and increased exterior insulation.
- The LEED silver certified AMC Randhurst 12 in Mount Prospect, Ill., has a white membrane roof that reflects unwanted solar heat gain and, in turn, reduces interior energy consumption.
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year