Movie Theaters Find Ways to Save Energy
Movie theater owners have the usual options to reduce energy consumption: switch to LED lighting; upgrade HVAC systems; install energy management systems.
But some theater owners nationwide have gone above and beyond, according to Mother Nature Network, which identified these stars:
- The three-screen independent Palm Theatre in San Luis Obispo, Calif., installed a 12 kW solar system consisting of 98 photovoltaic panels.
- The landmark Fairfax 6 Theater in Fairfax, Calif., part of the Cinema West chain, recently installed a 27 kW PV array. And two other Cinema West theaters in California boast PV arrays: the Livermore Cinema and the Palladio 16 Cinemas.
- Carmike Cinema’s Majestic 12 in downtown Chattanooga, Tenn. – a LEED Gold certified movie theater – saves energy with motion and daylight sensors on lighting and increased exterior insulation.
- The LEED silver certified AMC Randhurst 12 in Mount Prospect, Ill., has a white membrane roof that reflects unwanted solar heat gain and, in turn, reduces interior energy consumption.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ Security
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement