Movie Theaters Find Ways to Save Energy
Movie theater owners have the usual options to reduce energy consumption: switch to LED lighting; upgrade HVAC systems; install energy management systems.
But some theater owners nationwide have gone above and beyond, according to Mother Nature Network, which identified these stars:
- The three-screen independent Palm Theatre in San Luis Obispo, Calif., installed a 12 kW solar system consisting of 98 photovoltaic panels.
- The landmark Fairfax 6 Theater in Fairfax, Calif., part of the Cinema West chain, recently installed a 27 kW PV array. And two other Cinema West theaters in California boast PV arrays: the Livermore Cinema and the Palladio 16 Cinemas.
- Carmike Cinema’s Majestic 12 in downtown Chattanooga, Tenn. – a LEED Gold certified movie theater – saves energy with motion and daylight sensors on lighting and increased exterior insulation.
- The LEED silver certified AMC Randhurst 12 in Mount Prospect, Ill., has a white membrane roof that reflects unwanted solar heat gain and, in turn, reduces interior energy consumption.
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity