Movie Theaters Find Ways to Save Energy
Movie theater owners have the usual options to reduce energy consumption: switch to LED lighting; upgrade HVAC systems; install energy management systems.
But some theater owners nationwide have gone above and beyond, according to Mother Nature Network, which identified these stars:
- The three-screen independent Palm Theatre in San Luis Obispo, Calif., installed a 12 kW solar system consisting of 98 photovoltaic panels.
- The landmark Fairfax 6 Theater in Fairfax, Calif., part of the Cinema West chain, recently installed a 27 kW PV array. And two other Cinema West theaters in California boast PV arrays: the Livermore Cinema and the Palladio 16 Cinemas.
- Carmike Cinema’s Majestic 12 in downtown Chattanooga, Tenn. – a LEED Gold certified movie theater – saves energy with motion and daylight sensors on lighting and increased exterior insulation.
- The LEED silver certified AMC Randhurst 12 in Mount Prospect, Ill., has a white membrane roof that reflects unwanted solar heat gain and, in turn, reduces interior energy consumption.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management