Mumbai Airport’s New Terminal Features Eaton LEDs
Eaton says that io LED lights from its Cooper Lighting Division have been installed in nearly three miles of the Terminal 2 of the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai, India.
Mumbai’s international airport recently opened the new T2 terminal, and the io LED was specifically chosen to illuminate a three-mile-long wall so that when a stainless steel decorative perforated panel was installed in front of the wall, the impact of the silhouetted stainless steel was visually powerful.
In addition to its aesthetics, the io patented optical assembly delivers a 10-degree projection of light while consuming very little energy. Reduced power consumption and savings helped the airport to recently achieve its LEED Gold certification.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash