Murata Intros Automated Demand Response System
Newly formed Murata Energy Solutions Americas is introducing a new product line – PowerConnect – developed for the automated demand response (ADR) market.
Murata combines its wireless hardware with its own cloud-based software to provide automated performance of demand response actions as well as the automated monitoring and testing of emergency power supply systems. It allows for the aggregation of multiple facilities into a single portal, allowing more buildings to participate in demand response programs.
PowerConnect is vendor neutral. It works with existing building management systems to reduce consumption by adjusting building settings so there is minimal impact on tenants. It also automates response strategies that are dependent on onsite generators.
Target customers include real estate investment trusts, building owners, building management companies, educational institutions, local governments, hospitals and data centers.
In addition to working with customers directly, Murata says it is also partnering with demand response aggregators to make PowerConnect available to their demand response customers.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide