Museums Need to Think Smaller
A museum official said that instead of getting larger or raising more money, these cultural institutions could get smaller so they would need less money and less natural resources. Maurice Davies, the Museums Association’s (MA) head of policy and communications, spoke at the University College London Centre for Sustainable Heritage.
Davies, who oversaw the MA’s Sustainability report, praised Arts Council England’s (ACE) decision to embed environmental sustainability in its major program funding agreements from 2012. An ACE-commissioned report said regional museums have the highest energy intensity of all the organizations profiled.
The report estimated that the total carbon footprint for all 704 ACE-funded organizations was around 121,000 tonnes.
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide