Museums Need to Think Smaller
A museum official said that instead of getting larger or raising more money, these cultural institutions could get smaller so they would need less money and less natural resources. Maurice Davies, the Museums Association’s (MA) head of policy and communications, spoke at the University College London Centre for Sustainable Heritage.
Davies, who oversaw the MA’s Sustainability report, praised Arts Council England’s (ACE) decision to embed environmental sustainability in its major program funding agreements from 2012. An ACE-commissioned report said regional museums have the highest energy intensity of all the organizations profiled.
The report estimated that the total carbon footprint for all 704 ACE-funded organizations was around 121,000 tonnes.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The Sustainable Edge™
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal