Music Fests Tune In to Energy Use
Johnson Controls recently signed a three-year sponsorship with Milwaukee World Festival that allows the company to help improve the energy efficiency of its sponsored stage at the Summerfest music festival in its hometown of Milwaukee.
For the 2013 festival, which begins this week, improvements provided by Johnson Controls World Sound Stage include:
- Replacement of lamps in the seating area with energy efficient LED bulbs
- Split system high efficiency air conditioning units for the backstage dressing rooms and offices
- Installation of Metasys building management system that will provide real-time information on energy usage in the stage area
In addition, a sustainability tower will be located at the entrance to the seating area to show Summerfest goers the energy improvement results being measured in real-time. The tower will house a wind turbine and solar panels, which will demonstrate how energy can be captured and used to power the displays on the tower.
Johnson Controls estimates the annual energy savings to the stage area for the festival will be 7.7 million watt hours.
In Colorado, for the 11th consecutive year, Colorado-based Renewable Choice Energy provided wind power and carbon offsets to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival, (pictured) which ended Sunday. Planet Bluegrass, the parent company of the Telluride Festival, purchased wind power in the form of renewable energy credits (RECs) and verified carbon emission reductions from Renewable Choice to offset 100 percent of the emissions created by the Festival, including attendee and artist travel.
Photo credit: Brian Omura’s Flickr photostream
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- LED Myths and Facts
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing