NY Manufacturer Highlights Benefits of ReCharge NY Program
The ReCharge NY (RNY) power program was spotlighted by the New York Power Authority, which administers the program, and Hollingsworth & Vose (H&V), a RNY customer. H&V is among 48 business and not-for-profit operations in the region benefiting from the program.
H&V began receiving RNY power in 2013. Not only is the low-cost power helping to facilitate the manufacturer’s investment in energy-efficiency upgrades, but the company also benefits from a RNY allocation in direct support of 150 jobs.
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is providing support to H&V for efficiency and productivity improvements at its Greenwich and Easton facilities. Upgrades to the company’s paper manufacturing technology and process heating systems have resulted in improved operations and an overall reduction in energy intensity.
Governor Cuomo signed legislation in 2011 to launch RNY and help businesses and other enterprises in New York state lower their operating costs and spur economic development. The program provides lower cost power for businesses and not-for-profit organizations. H&V is benefiting from more than 2 MW of RNY power, for significant savings on its utility bills.
Half of the 910 MW of power available under the RNY program is low-cost hydropower from NYPA’s Niagara Power Project and St. Lawrence-Franklin D. Roosevelt Power Project, which are hydroelectric facilities in Lewiston and Massena, respectively. The remaining 455 MW under the program is power secured by NYPA from wholesale market sources.
H&V supplies technically advanced engine, high-efficiency and liquid filtration materials, battery separator materials and industrial specialty paper.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management