NASA Flight Facility Reduces Energy Intensity 35%
Ameresco completed the first phase of a $28 million energy savings project with NASA Goddard Space Flight Center’s Wallops Flight Facility, located on Virginia’s eastern shore.
As part of the $15 million first phase of the facility-wide project, Ameresco replaced more than 9,950 interior and exterior lighting fixtures with higher efficiency lighting, decentralized an antiquated steam plant by installing a propane distribution system with over 60 building-level condensing boilers while installing over five miles of new underground propane gas piping, upgraded and expanded an existing energy management control system (EMCS) in 14 buildings and interconnected newly installed gas meters to the EMCS.
Performed under the DoE’s Energy Savings Performance Contract Program, the first phase is projected to reduce energy intensity by 35 percent.
Ameresco is currently engaged in building and deploying a $13 million second phase to the project, which includes a geothermal installation projected for completion in 2013. The energy savings performance contract with Ameresco is financed entirely by energy conservation, and Wallops is expected to save over 77,000 million BTU’s a year.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement