ATTOM Data Warehouse Offers Utility Cost Estimates for U.S. Properties Nationwide
ATTOM Data Solutions, a source of property data, and UtilityScore, a provider of utility data, announced a licensing agreement on October 13 that would exclusively offer nationwide statistics on annual and monthly electric bills, natural gas bills, and neighborhood-level utility costs through the ATTOM Data Warehouse.
The ATTOM Data Warehouse is a multi-sourced national property database that aggregates property tax, deed, mortgage, foreclosure, environmental risk, natural hazard, health hazards, neighborhood characteristics and other property characteristic data for more than 150 million U.S. properties.
“We’re pleased to add the innovative UtilityScore data element to the expanding ATTOM Data Warehouse,” commented ATTOM CEO Rob Barber. “Fused with our existing property data elements, utility costs will be immediately applicable for many bulk data customers, including lenders, online real estate portals, home builders, big box retailers, solar companies, cable companies, home appliance manufacturers, home security companies and government agencies.”
UtilityScore has developed a standard metric to compare the utility costs of homes – and claims to be the first to build complex proprietary models for every home in the United States. The company calculates utility costs and savings estimates using more than 7,000 local utility rates; property characteristics, such as size and age; and regional climate data. Each home is assigned a score between 1 and 100, to demonstrate how its utility costs stack up with others in the area – with 100 representing a very low utility bill and 1 representing a very high utility bill.
“We have built the most comprehensive and accurate dataset of utility costs for homes throughout the United States., and it’s going to change the way people buy, rent and renovate homes,” said Brian Gitt, founder and CEO of UtilityScore.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Planning for a Sustainable Future