Nationwide Energy Partners Saves with Data
Nationwide Energy Partners is using a proprietary data collection and analytics platform to extend energy efficiency and cost savings to residents and developers of condominiums and multifamily communities.
The data collection and analysis program can provide analytics on such things as individual unit energy consumption, common area usage and leak detection.
Nationwide Energy Partners analyzes community-level data that examines correlations between usage and property attributes, or between usage and unit type.
Using the data collection platform, for example, Nationwide Energy Partners’ team recently noticed high levels of common area usage at one of the properties they serve. They identified the top causes of the high energy and recommended multiple solutions for the community to implement, saving it $18,000 a year and reducing residents’ monthly bills.
Earlier this year, the company redesigned its utility bills to show residents of multifamily units their electricity and water consumption patterns using graphics. The revised bill also shows the customer comparisons with average costs in their buildings.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds