Natural Gas Trucked to New York Businesses
Xpress Natural Gas is partnering with Hess Energy Marketing, which was recently acquired by Direct Energy Business, to truck compressed natural gas (CNG) to off-pipeline industrial and commercial businesses and institutions in the state of New York.
Natural gas production has soared in the northeast, and the partners want to rapidly bring low-cost trucked natural gas to customers across New York state. They say their solution will enable companies and communities that currently lack a gas pipeline to access the fuel.
The companies are currently working together to develop a compressed natural gas production facility and distribution terminal in eastern upstate New York. That facility is currently undergoing a permit process and is anticipated to be complete and fully operational by September 2014.
XNG operates a fleet of CNG trailers and currently offers both LNG and CNG service across New England and New York, with customers ranging from industrial manufacturing to colleges to hospitals to local utilities.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management