Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
Navigant Research has released projections for intelligent building software, services and hardware. The key finding is that worldwide building data integration revenue will grow from $89.9 million this year to $971.3 million in 2025.
The press release says that while there is tremendous potential in using data to improve energy and operational efficiencies, challenges remain in organizing and understanding the data. Building management systems (BMS) can collect and process data, but are challenged in analyzing that data, the company said. The challenges also exist for integration of networked lighting, access controls and demand response (DR) systems, the report said.
IBM and Siemens Building Technologies entered a deal earlier this year that illustrates the possibilities of integrating Internet of Things (IoT) functionality in BMSes.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds