Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
Navigant Research has released projections for intelligent building software, services and hardware. The key finding is that worldwide building data integration revenue will grow from $89.9 million this year to $971.3 million in 2025.
The press release says that while there is tremendous potential in using data to improve energy and operational efficiencies, challenges remain in organizing and understanding the data. Building management systems (BMS) can collect and process data, but are challenged in analyzing that data, the company said. The challenges also exist for integration of networked lighting, access controls and demand response (DR) systems, the report said.
IBM and Siemens Building Technologies entered a deal earlier this year that illustrates the possibilities of integrating Internet of Things (IoT) functionality in BMSes.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles