Navy to Sign PPA for 210 MW Solar
The Department of the Navy will host a signing ceremony this week with Western Area Power Administration and Sempra U.S. Gas & Power, a US renewable energy developer, to celebrate the largest renewable energy purchase by a federal entity. Via a 25-year power purchase agreement (PPA), the Navy will purchase enough solar to provide a third of the power needed for 14 Navy and Marine Corps installations in California.
The Mesquite 3 solar facility being built by Sempra is located in Arizona and will have a maximum capacity of 210 MW direct current. Sempra expects it to be online in 2016.
In September 2014, Western Area Power issued a request for proposal on behalf of the Department of the Navy to enter into an agreement for the off-base renewable energy generation.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection