NC Schools Save $687,000 on Energy
The Cabarrus County Schools in Concord, NC, hired Educon – Educational Consulting in 2012 to help several of its schools reduce energy costs. Since implementing Educon’s program, the schools have saved about $687,000 in energy expenses over the past two years – about 10 percent of the school system’s energy budget, reports The Charlotte Observer.
Educon used energy management software Energy Master Pro to automate HVAC systems. Energy Master Pro, which was developed for use in public schools, enables users to track utility usage and costs.
In addition to saving energy, Educon’s program helped several of the participating schools earn Energy Star recognition from the EPA, according to the newspaper.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology