NC Schools Save $687,000 on Energy
The Cabarrus County Schools in Concord, NC, hired Educon – Educational Consulting in 2012 to help several of its schools reduce energy costs. Since implementing Educon’s program, the schools have saved about $687,000 in energy expenses over the past two years – about 10 percent of the school system’s energy budget, reports The Charlotte Observer.
Educon used energy management software Energy Master Pro to automate HVAC systems. Energy Master Pro, which was developed for use in public schools, enables users to track utility usage and costs.
In addition to saving energy, Educon’s program helped several of the participating schools earn Energy Star recognition from the EPA, according to the newspaper.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement