NC Schools Save $687,000 on Energy
The Cabarrus County Schools in Concord, NC, hired Educon – Educational Consulting in 2012 to help several of its schools reduce energy costs. Since implementing Educon’s program, the schools have saved about $687,000 in energy expenses over the past two years – about 10 percent of the school system’s energy budget, reports The Charlotte Observer.
Educon used energy management software Energy Master Pro to automate HVAC systems. Energy Master Pro, which was developed for use in public schools, enables users to track utility usage and costs.
In addition to saving energy, Educon’s program helped several of the participating schools earn Energy Star recognition from the EPA, according to the newspaper.
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement