NEEA, RETA Launch Industrial Energy Efficiency Certification
The Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA) and the Refrigerating Engineers & Technicians Association (RETA) partnered to develop a new energy efficiency certification for industrial refrigeration operators.
Certified Refrigeration Energy Specialist (CRES) gives Northwest refrigeration operators, technicians, managers and other refrigeration professionals the skills and capabilities to optimize the energy efficiency of their plants and to discover low- and no-cost savings.
To kick-start CRES in the Northwest, NEEA held three demonstration trainings for refrigeration operators and technicians in the Seattle, Boise and Yakima areas. The trainings helped participants gain the knowledge and hands-on capabilities needed to meet RETA’s CRES requirements, including passing an examination and completing and documenting five energy management activities.
NEEA and RETA are also exploring options to develop RETA CRES certification into a national program for all RETA members and refrigeration professionals.
Industrial refrigeration comprises nearly nine percent of the Northwest’s regional industrial electric energy load. Typical cost reductions are about three to seven percent refrigeration electricity use after a year or more of consistent effort by a CRES-certified operator. Operators must complete additional energy management activities every three years plus continuing education to maintain certification.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity