NEEA, RETA Launch Industrial Energy Efficiency Certification
The Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA) and the Refrigerating Engineers & Technicians Association (RETA) partnered to develop a new energy efficiency certification for industrial refrigeration operators.
Certified Refrigeration Energy Specialist (CRES) gives Northwest refrigeration operators, technicians, managers and other refrigeration professionals the skills and capabilities to optimize the energy efficiency of their plants and to discover low- and no-cost savings.
To kick-start CRES in the Northwest, NEEA held three demonstration trainings for refrigeration operators and technicians in the Seattle, Boise and Yakima areas. The trainings helped participants gain the knowledge and hands-on capabilities needed to meet RETA’s CRES requirements, including passing an examination and completing and documenting five energy management activities.
NEEA and RETA are also exploring options to develop RETA CRES certification into a national program for all RETA members and refrigeration professionals.
Industrial refrigeration comprises nearly nine percent of the Northwest’s regional industrial electric energy load. Typical cost reductions are about three to seven percent refrigeration electricity use after a year or more of consistent effort by a CRES-certified operator. Operators must complete additional energy management activities every three years plus continuing education to maintain certification.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts