Nest Targets Small Businesses
Direct Energy is teaming up with Nest Labs to launch the Back to Business Plan to small businesses across Illinois, New Jersey, New York (except the Con Edison service area), Ohio and Pennsylvania. Direct Energy is the first retail electric company to join Nest in marketing the Nest thermostat to small businesses.
The partners are also offering a similar service to residential customers in the same territory.
The new plans include a free Nest Learning Thermostat, which is valued at $249. Customers will receive a fixed rate for electricity from Direct Energy over a 24- or 36-month period.
The Nest Learning Thermostat learns an electric customer’s heating and cooling preferences to create a custom schedule and adjusts the temperature when occupants are away. Once the Nest Learning Thermostat learns a schedule, it can save up to 20 percent on heating and cooling bills according to calculations by the US Environmental Protection Agency.
The Nest Thermostat takes the local weather into account when making adjustments. Nest users can also monitor and adjust their HVAC system remotely by mobile phone, tablet or computer.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement