Nest Targets Small Businesses
Direct Energy is teaming up with Nest Labs to launch the Back to Business Plan to small businesses across Illinois, New Jersey, New York (except the Con Edison service area), Ohio and Pennsylvania. Direct Energy is the first retail electric company to join Nest in marketing the Nest thermostat to small businesses.
The partners are also offering a similar service to residential customers in the same territory.
The new plans include a free Nest Learning Thermostat, which is valued at $249. Customers will receive a fixed rate for electricity from Direct Energy over a 24- or 36-month period.
The Nest Learning Thermostat learns an electric customer’s heating and cooling preferences to create a custom schedule and adjusts the temperature when occupants are away. Once the Nest Learning Thermostat learns a schedule, it can save up to 20 percent on heating and cooling bills according to calculations by the US Environmental Protection Agency.
The Nest Thermostat takes the local weather into account when making adjustments. Nest users can also monitor and adjust their HVAC system remotely by mobile phone, tablet or computer.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection