Nest Targets Small Businesses
Direct Energy is teaming up with Nest Labs to launch the Back to Business Plan to small businesses across Illinois, New Jersey, New York (except the Con Edison service area), Ohio and Pennsylvania. Direct Energy is the first retail electric company to join Nest in marketing the Nest thermostat to small businesses.
The partners are also offering a similar service to residential customers in the same territory.
The new plans include a free Nest Learning Thermostat, which is valued at $249. Customers will receive a fixed rate for electricity from Direct Energy over a 24- or 36-month period.
The Nest Learning Thermostat learns an electric customer’s heating and cooling preferences to create a custom schedule and adjusts the temperature when occupants are away. Once the Nest Learning Thermostat learns a schedule, it can save up to 20 percent on heating and cooling bills according to calculations by the US Environmental Protection Agency.
The Nest Thermostat takes the local weather into account when making adjustments. Nest users can also monitor and adjust their HVAC system remotely by mobile phone, tablet or computer.
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management