Net Zero Training Institute Dedicated in L.A.
The Net Zero Plus Electric Training Institute in metro Los Angeles has been dedicated. The company said that the 144,000-square-foot demonstration center and “living laboratory” is the largest net-zero commercial building retrofit in the country.
Net-zero buildings produce as much or more energy than they use. The facility, according to the press release, showcases smart energy efficiency design, microgrid system integration, storage technologies, building resiliency strategies and what it refers to as a suite of integrated electrical technologies and controls.
The dedication program was attended by more than 500 government, business and community leaders from Los Angeles, including Mayor Eric Garcetti.
Brock Sansom, the former CEO of SHIFT Energy, posted a column at Energy Manager Today last autumn on the newly emerging – and positive – realities of net zero buildings.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings