New Customization Capabilities for ePDU Platform
Power management company Eaton added new customization capabilities for its ePDU third-generation (G3) platform in the Americas. The portfolio of rack power distribution units (PDUs), Eaton’s customizable ePDU G3 models, is designed for turnaround of outlet and cord plug configurations. The platform is engineered to condense the order-to-installation timeline and increase agility for customers, Eaton says.
Many data center managers are constantly expanding and transitioning to new equipment, which requires implementing power distribution solutions with the flexibility and speed to meet diverse requirements, the company adds.
The ePDU G3 is built with a lightweight aluminum chassis. Network connected ePDU G3 models can daisy chain with other PDUs so that four devices can share one network port and IP address, reducing network connection costs by 75 percent.
Additionally, the ePDU G3 features a new patent-pending IEC outlet grip designed to eliminate the common problem of plugs falling out of IEC outlets due to bumps or vibrations. This can protect data center and IT managers from incurring additional expenses related to purchasing special power cords or cable trays, which can increase PDU costs up to 50 percent.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement