New Energy Buying Group Formed in Massachusetts
More than 30 founding partner companies have signed up to join the Massachusetts Manufacturing Energy Collaborative (MassMEC), a buying group of manufacturers that reduces energy costs by purchasing energy supply in bulk.
The companies, located in regions throughout the Commonwealth, include Northeast Real Estate Solutions, of Harvard, United Tool and Machine in Wilmington, CSH Industries in Plymouth and Airxchange in Rockland.
MassMEC, which was first announced by Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick in April, enables manufacturing companies to lower their energy costs by negotiating volume rates from electricity and natural gas suppliers. It also provides free energy efficiency and renewable energy reviews.
In addition to the founding company partners, MassMEC has launched a new website and logo aimed at raising awareness of the collaborative’s benefits for the state’s manufacturing industry and other businesses.
MassDevelopment, the state’s finance and development agency that created MassMEC, selected EarlyBird Power to manage the collaborative following a competitive bidding process.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management