New Energy Buying Group Formed in Massachusetts
More than 30 founding partner companies have signed up to join the Massachusetts Manufacturing Energy Collaborative (MassMEC), a buying group of manufacturers that reduces energy costs by purchasing energy supply in bulk.
The companies, located in regions throughout the Commonwealth, include Northeast Real Estate Solutions, of Harvard, United Tool and Machine in Wilmington, CSH Industries in Plymouth and Airxchange in Rockland.
MassMEC, which was first announced by Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick in April, enables manufacturing companies to lower their energy costs by negotiating volume rates from electricity and natural gas suppliers. It also provides free energy efficiency and renewable energy reviews.
In addition to the founding company partners, MassMEC has launched a new website and logo aimed at raising awareness of the collaborative’s benefits for the state’s manufacturing industry and other businesses.
MassDevelopment, the state’s finance and development agency that created MassMEC, selected EarlyBird Power to manage the collaborative following a competitive bidding process.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement