New Energy Buying Group Formed in Massachusetts
More than 30 founding partner companies have signed up to join the Massachusetts Manufacturing Energy Collaborative (MassMEC), a buying group of manufacturers that reduces energy costs by purchasing energy supply in bulk.
The companies, located in regions throughout the Commonwealth, include Northeast Real Estate Solutions, of Harvard, United Tool and Machine in Wilmington, CSH Industries in Plymouth and Airxchange in Rockland.
MassMEC, which was first announced by Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick in April, enables manufacturing companies to lower their energy costs by negotiating volume rates from electricity and natural gas suppliers. It also provides free energy efficiency and renewable energy reviews.
In addition to the founding company partners, MassMEC has launched a new website and logo aimed at raising awareness of the collaborative’s benefits for the state’s manufacturing industry and other businesses.
MassDevelopment, the state’s finance and development agency that created MassMEC, selected EarlyBird Power to manage the collaborative following a competitive bidding process.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- The Sustainable Edge™