New Energy Buying Group Formed in Massachusetts
More than 30 founding partner companies have signed up to join the Massachusetts Manufacturing Energy Collaborative (MassMEC), a buying group of manufacturers that reduces energy costs by purchasing energy supply in bulk.
The companies, located in regions throughout the Commonwealth, include Northeast Real Estate Solutions, of Harvard, United Tool and Machine in Wilmington, CSH Industries in Plymouth and Airxchange in Rockland.
MassMEC, which was first announced by Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick in April, enables manufacturing companies to lower their energy costs by negotiating volume rates from electricity and natural gas suppliers. It also provides free energy efficiency and renewable energy reviews.
In addition to the founding company partners, MassMEC has launched a new website and logo aimed at raising awareness of the collaborative’s benefits for the state’s manufacturing industry and other businesses.
MassDevelopment, the state’s finance and development agency that created MassMEC, selected EarlyBird Power to manage the collaborative following a competitive bidding process.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement