New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling
A new data center for the hydroelectric power producer Hydro-Québec will leverage free cooling technology.
Under a 20-year lease and operation agreement, consortium partners Pomerleau, Veolia and Ehvert will design, construct and operate the data center.
By implementing a state-of-the-art cooling system that uses outside air, the data center is projected to achieve an industry-leading power usage effectiveness (PUE) rating of 1.3 or lower.
Leveraging a scalable approach, Ehvert is designing the data center to augment its power capacity in stages from 1.6 MW to 4.5 MW over the course of the 20-year term. Once construction is completed by Pomerleau in 2016, Veolia will provide operations and maintenance services for the data center under a 20-year lease and operation agreement, including technical data center operations, facility maintenance and property management, 24/7 physical security and ongoing energy management support.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds