New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
Retail electric customers in Massachusetts now have an energy marketplace on which they can investigate and compare competitive energy prices and plans. In addition, MassEnergyRates.com – which launched on April 30 – enables interested customers to enroll with the supplier of their choice online.
In the Bay State’s deregulated market, customers can save as much as 20 percent on their utility bills each month by going with a retailer, the new site claims – and sometimes even more. (Note: It is important to remember that it can take a couple of billing cycles for a new electricity supplier along with your new lower rate to be reflected on a utility bill.)
Among the benefits of switching a competitive retailer, according to site founder Michelle Erca – who also developed the nationwide marketplace, Make the Switch USA – are the following:
- No change or interruption in current service;
- No fees to switch suppliers; and
- The bill still will come from the customer’s utility.
The Massachusetts electricity market provides residents and businesses with a competitive environment to buy electricity. With approximately a dozen electricity suppliers and multiple plans to choose from, it is helpful to research your options.
Massachusetts electricity suppliers simply generate electricity for customers while the utility continues to deliver it, provide maintenance services and continue billing consumers as they always have. Utilities that work with the site include National Grid, NSTAR Electric, WMECo, and Unitil.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers