New Twist for 2014 Battle of Buildings
For its 2014 Battle of the Buildings competition, in addition to buildings across the nation competing in a head-to-head battle to see which building can save the most energy and water, EPA is also pitting teams of buildings against each other.
The EPA says teaming up is a great way to motivate, collaborate, and learn new strategies that can lead to bigger savings. Teams will compete to see who can reduce energy use the most, on a percentage basis, between calendar years 2013 and 2014. Buildings can also compete individually.
To enter, building representatives should submit 2013 building energy use information to EPA during the application period of April 16 – May 16; then work to improve efficiency during 2014 and report savings at the midpoint and final weigh-ins.
EPA is defining a team as any group of five or more buildings, offering the following examples:
- An organization’s entire portfolio of buildings
- All schools in a school district
- Five stores and a warehouse operated by a retailer
- Ten buildings in a business improvement district
- Multiple clients of an energy consulting firm
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management