New York College Taps Online Auctions for $650K in Savings
World Energy Solutions teamed up with channel partner Energy Partner Consultants to procure over 30 million kWh of electricity for The College of Saint Rose in Albany, N.Y. More than 3 million kWh of power will be sourced from renewables.
Through a series of competitive online auctions run on the cloud-based World Energy Exchange on June 11, The College of Saint Rose tested 12 different terms and products, selecting a fixed-price product for 80 of its campus accounts. Working with World Energy and Energy Partner Consultants, the College received 83 bids in one hour, ultimately saving more than $650,000 over its prior contract. Delivery under the new 34-month contract begins in July.
Earlier this year, World Energy Solutions helped the US General Services Administration (GSA), Region 2, procure over 285 million kWh of electricity—including more than 100 million kWh from renewable sources—for 52 federal accounts across New York. Savings are expected to reach $6 million.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds