New York College Taps Online Auctions for $650K in Savings
World Energy Solutions teamed up with channel partner Energy Partner Consultants to procure over 30 million kWh of electricity for The College of Saint Rose in Albany, N.Y. More than 3 million kWh of power will be sourced from renewables.
Through a series of competitive online auctions run on the cloud-based World Energy Exchange on June 11, The College of Saint Rose tested 12 different terms and products, selecting a fixed-price product for 80 of its campus accounts. Working with World Energy and Energy Partner Consultants, the College received 83 bids in one hour, ultimately saving more than $650,000 over its prior contract. Delivery under the new 34-month contract begins in July.
Earlier this year, World Energy Solutions helped the US General Services Administration (GSA), Region 2, procure over 285 million kWh of electricity—including more than 100 million kWh from renewable sources—for 52 federal accounts across New York. Savings are expected to reach $6 million.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Combined Heat and Power
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management