New York Launches Energy Monitoring Hub
New York State launched an energy management network operations center, which will provide public facilities with real-time data on their energy use. Dubbed the NY Energy Manager (NYEM), the center is located at the Colleges of Nanoscale Science and Engineering at SUNY Polytechnic Institute in Albany.
The NYEM is being deployed and managed by the New York Power Authority to provide up-to-the-moment energy use information and trending in state government facilities and other entities such as the City University of New York.
NYEM provides energy management reporting for more than 3,000 public buildings. It integrates energy data from facility sub-meters and from meters of local utilities, enabling building engineers to diagnose equipment problems and take appropriate actions to reduce energy consumption in a timely manner.
The tools provided by NYEM allows energy managers to implement energy use strategies that will assist in driving down the cost of energy in state buildings. Integrated energy management, resulting from NYEM, also enables facilities to participate in statewide electric energy demand management and response programs.
It is anticipated that NYEM technology will be applicable for use in the private sector in the future.
The Colleges of Nanoscale Science and Engineering at SUNY Polytechnic Institute’s central location and fully redundant utilities were among the many factors in the site selection process for the energy management center. In addition, CNSE’s partnership with the state to consolidate and house almost 50 state data centers is fully aligned with the needs and goals of NYEM.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles