New York Transforming Electric System
The New York State Public Service Commission has started a process to transform its regulation of electric distribution utilities that includes a more mainstream inclusion of energy efficiency and renewable generation.
“We can no longer afford to think of energy efficiency and clean energy resources as peripheral elements of the electric system. Rather, the time has come to manage the capabilities of new customer-based technologies as a core, clean source of value to customers and the electric grid,” said Commission Chair Audrey Zibelman.
The Commission said a better integration of consumer-oriented energy efficiency and clean-energy technologies and a more complete management of the electricity consumed in the state will improve system-wide reliability and efficiency, while preserving affordable rates.
Broad policy-based outcomes would result in changes to its regulatory model, including performance- and outcome-based incentives that will be required to achieve broad policy objectives.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management