Newark Airport Goes Solar
ConEdison Solutions and the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey unveiled one of four new solar installations at Newark Liberty International Airport.
At an overall size of 633 kW, the multi-site solar initiative includes 3,200 solar panels covering 62,000-sq-feet of rooftop space. It will supply the airport with about 817,000 kWh of electricity annually. The airport anticipates an electricity savings of about $60,000 per year.
The airport will soon introduce interactive informational kiosks at Terminal B that will provide information about solar power and this initiative at Newark Liberty. Kiosks also will update visitors on the amount of power that has been generated during a particular day and during the current month and year.
Through a power purchase agreement (PPA) with ConEdison Solutions, the Port Authority is purchasing 100 percent of the electrical energy produced by the solar installations. The system was designed and installed by Borrego Solar.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection