Newark Warehouse Orders 110 Fuel Cell Lift Trucks
Newark Farmers Market in Newark, NJ, will integrate Plug Power’s full GenKey system to support material handling operations for a new food distribution building under construction.
Newark Farmers Market has been using Plug Power fuel cell units to run its lift truck fleet since 2011. Its original GenDrive fleet, consisting of over 100 units, to-date has accumulated over 625,000 hours of run time.
Newark Farmers Market has purchased an additional 110 GenDrive units, more than doubling the size of its fuel cell-powered lift truck fleet at the Newark location. This order is comprised of 25 class-2 standup reach truck units and 85 class-3 pallet jack units. Plug Power will deliver the GenDrive units to Newark Farmers Market in the fourth quarter of 2014. Fleet deployment will be completed in the first quarter of 2015.
Under the GenKey contract, Plug Power will construct a complete GenFuel hydrogen infrastructure, including indoor dispensers and outdoor fuel storage. The outdoor infrastructure includes a 15,000-gallon hydrogen tank with dual redundant pumps and gas compressor.
The additional fleet ordered for the new refrigerated warehouse will operate in temperatures kept at a constant 28 degrees F. Unlike lead-acid batteries, which deplete faster in extremely low temperatures, Plug Power’s fuel cell units maintain consistent performance in environments as low as –22 degrees F, and productivity is increased as battery droop is eliminated.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Planning for a Sustainable Future