Newton County GA Tabs ABM Building Solutions for Upgrades
Newton County, GA, has signed two contracts with ABM Building Solutions for upgrades to the Newtown County Detention Center and other county facilities, according to the Newton Citizen.
The contracts are worth $14.4 million. They guarantee about $7.3 million for the jail and $7.09 million for other facilities in need of repair. The contracts require the county to pay $325,000 annual in addition to the savings that the new equipment makes possible. The needed upgrades were identified via an audit by ABM.
The upgrades in the jail and elsewhere include work on HVAC systems, inefficient lighting and water systems and an outdated phone system.
Ameresco has entered into an Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) with the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons. Under terms of the contract, Ameresco will install energy and water conservation technology at the 776-acre Federal Correctional Complex in Butner, N.C. The contract is valued at $53.1 million.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project