Newton County GA Tabs ABM Building Solutions for Upgrades
Newton County, GA, has signed two contracts with ABM Building Solutions for upgrades to the Newtown County Detention Center and other county facilities, according to the Newton Citizen.
The contracts are worth $14.4 million. They guarantee about $7.3 million for the jail and $7.09 million for other facilities in need of repair. The contracts require the county to pay $325,000 annual in addition to the savings that the new equipment makes possible. The needed upgrades were identified via an audit by ABM.
The upgrades in the jail and elsewhere include work on HVAC systems, inefficient lighting and water systems and an outdated phone system.
Ameresco has entered into an Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) with the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons. Under terms of the contract, Ameresco will install energy and water conservation technology at the 776-acre Federal Correctional Complex in Butner, N.C. The contract is valued at $53.1 million.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Planning for a Sustainable Future