Newton County GA Tabs ABM Building Solutions for Upgrades
Newton County, GA, has signed two contracts with ABM Building Solutions for upgrades to the Newtown County Detention Center and other county facilities, according to the Newton Citizen.
The contracts are worth $14.4 million. They guarantee about $7.3 million for the jail and $7.09 million for other facilities in need of repair. The contracts require the county to pay $325,000 annual in addition to the savings that the new equipment makes possible. The needed upgrades were identified via an audit by ABM.
The upgrades in the jail and elsewhere include work on HVAC systems, inefficient lighting and water systems and an outdated phone system.
Ameresco has entered into an Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) with the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons. Under terms of the contract, Ameresco will install energy and water conservation technology at the 776-acre Federal Correctional Complex in Butner, N.C. The contract is valued at $53.1 million.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings