Next Generation Bulb Eater Introduced
The next generation of the Bulb Eater lamp crushing machine that captures more than 99 percent of released vapors has been introduced. Air Cycle Corp.’s Bulb Eater 3 with Intelli Technology crushes spent fluorescent lamps of any length, u-tubes, and CFLs into percent recyclable material in less than one second.
The system, which is mounted to a 55-gallon drum, can hold up to 1350 4-foot fluorescent lamps. A five-stage filtering process removes hazardous particulates and vapors.
Filtering system features include:
• Cyclone separator filters most of the particulates back into the drum;
• Upgraded cartridge filter catches any fine particles (second stage);
• Dual-action, replaceable HEPA filters remove fine particles (third and fifth stage); and
• Fourth stage Activated Carbon filter captures and neutralizes mercury vapors released during the controlled crushing of lamps.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash