NextEra, TVA Launch Largest Solar Project in Alabama
NextEra Energy Resources and the Tennessee Valley Authority have launched the largest solar project in Alabama, according to The News Courier news.
The River Bend Solar Energy Center is comprised of more than 300,000 solar panels, which employ trackers that follow the sun on its daily trek across the sky. The panels have a generating capacity of 75 MW. The initiative is operating under a 20-year power purchase agreement between TVA and NextEra Energy Resources, the story says. The project will avoid about 105,000 tons of carbon dioxide emissions that would have been released via use of fossil fuels, the story says.
The military also is attempting be more environmentally responsible. One element of this is energy efficiency – and Alabama is in on the action. Earlier this fall, Energy Systems Group (ESG) and Alabama Power said that they are working to improve energy efficiency at Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, AL.
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management