NextEra, TVA Launch Largest Solar Project in Alabama
NextEra Energy Resources and the Tennessee Valley Authority have launched the largest solar project in Alabama, according to The News Courier news.
The River Bend Solar Energy Center is comprised of more than 300,000 solar panels, which employ trackers that follow the sun on its daily trek across the sky. The panels have a generating capacity of 75 MW. The initiative is operating under a 20-year power purchase agreement between TVA and NextEra Energy Resources, the story says. The project will avoid about 105,000 tons of carbon dioxide emissions that would have been released via use of fossil fuels, the story says.
The military also is attempting be more environmentally responsible. One element of this is energy efficiency – and Alabama is in on the action. Earlier this fall, Energy Systems Group (ESG) and Alabama Power said that they are working to improve energy efficiency at Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, AL.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology