NFL 49ers, Rams Go Solar
The Rams have partnered with St. Louis based Microgrid Solar to complete an “Energy Makeover” that will include a series of projects aimed to reducing energy costs, while contributing to the Rams’ wider green goals.
The clean energy improvements will begin with a solar installation with a 25 kW output at Rams Park. The installation will include both a rooftop Solar PV array and a solar sculpture. Additionally, an energy audit will be performed which will yield recommendations for additional facility upgrades for more impact on energy savings.
Meanwhile, NRG Energy has completed a solar array atop Levi’s Stadium, the future home of the San Francisco 49ers. The array boasts a franchise-appropriate 49 solar frames (one, pictured) and covers 9,574 square feet of the roof with a total of 544 SunPower E20 Series solar panels.
Once completed, Levi’s Stadium will also include three solar panel covered NRG Energy Bridges, which will serve as the main entry and exit to the stadium.
In total, the solar arrays at Levi’s Stadium should have a combined peak capacity of about 375 kW. The amount of solar energy generated annually is expected to be enough to offset the power consumed at the stadium during 49ers regular season home games, NRG says.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide