NFL 49ers, Rams Go Solar
The Rams have partnered with St. Louis based Microgrid Solar to complete an “Energy Makeover” that will include a series of projects aimed to reducing energy costs, while contributing to the Rams’ wider green goals.
The clean energy improvements will begin with a solar installation with a 25 kW output at Rams Park. The installation will include both a rooftop Solar PV array and a solar sculpture. Additionally, an energy audit will be performed which will yield recommendations for additional facility upgrades for more impact on energy savings.
Meanwhile, NRG Energy has completed a solar array atop Levi’s Stadium, the future home of the San Francisco 49ers. The array boasts a franchise-appropriate 49 solar frames (one, pictured) and covers 9,574 square feet of the roof with a total of 544 SunPower E20 Series solar panels.
Once completed, Levi’s Stadium will also include three solar panel covered NRG Energy Bridges, which will serve as the main entry and exit to the stadium.
In total, the solar arrays at Levi’s Stadium should have a combined peak capacity of about 375 kW. The amount of solar energy generated annually is expected to be enough to offset the power consumed at the stadium during 49ers regular season home games, NRG says.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing