Energy Efficiency Program Receives Award
The Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program won an award from the Association of Energy Services Professionals for developing a program that doubled the amount of energy saved during a comparable time period.
The award was given for its work on the 6 Million Therm Savings campaign, developed by CLEAResult. The campaign promotes a program that helps commercial and industrial customers save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. This is one of several energy efficiency programs Nicor participates in.
The Nicor Gas 6 Million Therm Savings campaign shows how businesses can reduce costs with steam trap replacements. High-pressure steam systems are energy intensive systems that are commonly used in industrial and process-manufacturing businesses. Proper steam trap maintenance can improve system efficiency, with potential annual natural gas costs savings in the thousands.
The three-month energy savings campaign was responsible for tripling the number of steam trap projects undertaken in the company’s northern Illinois service area compared to the same period last year, and doubling the amount of energy saved to 141,000 therms.
The campaign was recognized for outstanding achievement in non-residential marketing and communications, focused on educating and encouraging Nicor Gas commercial and industrial customers to employ innovative energy efficiency projects. CLEAResult, an Austin, Texas-based energy efficiency company, developed the campaign.
The campaign included easy-to-understand infographics, and emphasized that replacing steam traps was a prime opportunity for simple and cost-effective energy savings.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing