Nissan Garners 3 Energy Star Awards
The EPA has recognized Nissan with three new Energy Star awards, including the 2013 Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award, the highest honor for energy efficiency.
Since becoming an Energy Star partner in 2006, Nissan has saved more than 800 billion BTUs of the energy used to assemble vehicles, says the company.
In addition to the Sustained Excellence Award, Nissan’s powertrain plant in Decherd, Tenn., recently achieved the Energy Star Challenge for Industry recognition for reducing the amount of energy needed to assemble engines by 7 percent in 12 months by investing in more efficient equipment and establishing a compressed air leak reduction program.
Nissan’s vehicle assembly plants in Smyrna, Tenn., and Canton, Miss., were recently awarded the Energy Star certification for the seventh consecutive year, signifying Nissan’s spot among the top 25 percent of the automotive manufacturing industry for superior energy management.
Nissan implemented a program at the Canton plant to identify and repair air leaks, and at the Smyrna plant, the company uses a wet paint process that applies all three paint layers in succession, before the vehicle goes into the oven. Previous processes required the vehicle to bake in between the primer application and the topcoat layers. The new technology reduces energy consumption, cost and emissions while increasing production efficiency.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management