NM Air Force Base Explores Biomass for Energy
The US Air Force has entered into a license agreement with New Generation Biomass to explore development of a biomass renewable energy generation facility on Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico.
The license grants New Generation Biomass limited access to approximately 80 acres on Holloman AFB to determine its suitability for the proposed Black Bear Biomass Energy Facility, which would provide up to 20 MW of energy to the El Paso Electric grid, from which the base purchases electricity.
The agreement could result in an Enhanced Use Lease (EUL), a tool through which the Air Force leases real property assets to developers seeking to partner in projects that will benefit all stakeholders. If approved, the lease would provide the installation with either cash or in-kind payments to help fund Holloman needs.
The Air Force Civil Engineer Center, in San Antonio, Texas, manages the EUL program, and is partnering with Holloman AFB to develop the project. The Air Force is working with the prospective developer and coordinating with government agencies to carefully consider the effects of the proposed facility, to include environmental impacts, energy benefits and long-term sustainability. In addition, the 49th Wing is committed to transparency throughout the process, and, should the project move forward, there will be opportunities for public input.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- The Value of Integrating Health, Safety and Environment Processes with Enterprise Asset Management
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts