NM Utility Seeks Renewable Energy Proposals for 2015
Public Service Company of New Mexico (PNM) has issued a request for proposals or RFP for renewable energy projects that will decrease its dependence on fossil fuels and help the company meet state renewable energy mandates.
PNM seeks multiple proposals for wind, solar, hydropower, geothermal and bio-fuel generation that can be available no later than 2015.
Beginning in 2015, PNM requires a total of 375,000 MWh of new qualifying renewable energy per year supplied through company-owned projects, power purchase agreements or through purchases of renewable energy certificates from other renewable generators in New Mexico. The RFP does not include electric energy generated by fossil fuels such as natural gas or coal or by nuclear power.
Currently, New Mexico requires PNM to have a renewable energy portfolio that equals 10 percent of its retail energy sales, a goal PNM will achieve in 2013 and 2014 from a mix of solar, wind, and geothermal sources and its solar distributed generation program. In 2015, the state renewable requirement increases to 15 percent and to 20 percent by 2020. New Mexico also has a renewable resource diversity requirement of 20 percent solar, 20 percent wind, 10 percent non-wind/non-solar and 1.5 percent distributed generation that becomes 3 percent in 2015.
The deadline for proposal submissions is Jan. 31, 2013. A pre-bid conference for those planning to submit proposals is planned for Dec. 10, 2012.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing