NM Utility Seeks Renewable Energy Proposals for 2015
Public Service Company of New Mexico (PNM) has issued a request for proposals or RFP for renewable energy projects that will decrease its dependence on fossil fuels and help the company meet state renewable energy mandates.
PNM seeks multiple proposals for wind, solar, hydropower, geothermal and bio-fuel generation that can be available no later than 2015.
Beginning in 2015, PNM requires a total of 375,000 MWh of new qualifying renewable energy per year supplied through company-owned projects, power purchase agreements or through purchases of renewable energy certificates from other renewable generators in New Mexico. The RFP does not include electric energy generated by fossil fuels such as natural gas or coal or by nuclear power.
Currently, New Mexico requires PNM to have a renewable energy portfolio that equals 10 percent of its retail energy sales, a goal PNM will achieve in 2013 and 2014 from a mix of solar, wind, and geothermal sources and its solar distributed generation program. In 2015, the state renewable requirement increases to 15 percent and to 20 percent by 2020. New Mexico also has a renewable resource diversity requirement of 20 percent solar, 20 percent wind, 10 percent non-wind/non-solar and 1.5 percent distributed generation that becomes 3 percent in 2015.
The deadline for proposal submissions is Jan. 31, 2013. A pre-bid conference for those planning to submit proposals is planned for Dec. 10, 2012.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Combined Heat and Power
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management