Non Profits Help Midwest Clean Energy Firms
The non profits NextEnergy and Clean Energy Trust received a $745,000, three-year grant from the US Department of Energy’s National Incubator Initiative for Clean Energy (NIICE) program to help clean energy companies in the Midwest commercialize new technologies.
Funds awarded to NextEnergy and Clean Energy Trust will support development of the Midwest Innovation Bridge, a regional clean energy incubator. The Bridge will offer a suite of services for early-stage technology companies in Michigan, Illinois and the Midwest region in general.
The Bridge’s program-based services will include entrepreneurial training, technology partnerships and access to demonstration platforms to support three clean energy technology sectors: transportation, grid and built environment.
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers