NORESCO Snags $3.8M Energy Infrastructure Project
The project is funded by reductions in energy usage over a 17.25-year contract term. It includes lighting, steam system and weatherization improvements, installation of new heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) controls, retro-commissioning at selected buildings and a preventive maintenance program. Construction is expected to occur over 14 months.
As part of the agreement, NORESCO guarantees annual energy consumption savings of more than $300,000 after the improvements are fully implemented.
University students participated hands-on as the project began in 2012 with energy audits of campus buildings and equipment.
NORESCO is a part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies.
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data