NORESCO Snags $3.8M Energy Infrastructure Project
The project is funded by reductions in energy usage over a 17.25-year contract term. It includes lighting, steam system and weatherization improvements, installation of new heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) controls, retro-commissioning at selected buildings and a preventive maintenance program. Construction is expected to occur over 14 months.
As part of the agreement, NORESCO guarantees annual energy consumption savings of more than $300,000 after the improvements are fully implemented.
University students participated hands-on as the project began in 2012 with energy audits of campus buildings and equipment.
NORESCO is a part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles