Noribachi Completes Lighting Retrofit for TSA
Noribachi completed one of the largest LED retrofit projects of an existing building in the US for the 29-year-old Transportation Security Administration (TSA) headquarters.
The TSA project was a three-year, four-phase project focused on its 550,000-sq-foot building and parking garage.
The agency is on track to save $550,000 in 2014 electrical expenses, which exceeds forecasts, due to a low $.08/kWh energy use rate. In addition, the cost avoidance in replacement lamps/ballast parts will be over $40,000 in 2014.
The project produced $1.08 per building-sq-foot in total savings and it achieved a 31 percent reduction in consumption using several different efficiency technologies.
Part of the customized lighting installed by Intelligent Energy Light and Power featured LED retrofits for 6,300 interior fluorescent fixtures and 400 exterior high intensity discharge fixtures in the existing building as well as the installation of LED retrofits and occupancy sensors throughout the parking garage.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year