Nortek Pays $260M for Thomas & Betts’ HVAC Business
Nortek signed a definitive agreement to acquire the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) business of Thomas & Betts, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of ABB.
Under the terms of the agreement, Nortek will pay about $260 million for Thomas & Betts’ HVAC business in an all-cash transaction. T&B HVAC includes Reznor Manufacturing (US), AmbiRad (UK), Reznor Europe (Belgium), Gaz Industrie (France) and manufacturing operations in Monterrey, Mexico.
T&B HVAC designs, manufactures and sells unit heaters, radiant heaters and rooftop heating, ventilation and cooling products for industrial and commercial applications. Principal end-use applications for T&B HVAC products include warehouses, factories, restaurants, retail locations and institutions and other applications.
Net sales of T&B HVAC were about $160 million in 2013. The transaction is expected to close during the second quarter of 2014, subject to customary closing conditions.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management