Nortek Pays $260M for Thomas & Betts’ HVAC Business
Nortek signed a definitive agreement to acquire the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) business of Thomas & Betts, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of ABB.
Under the terms of the agreement, Nortek will pay about $260 million for Thomas & Betts’ HVAC business in an all-cash transaction. T&B HVAC includes Reznor Manufacturing (US), AmbiRad (UK), Reznor Europe (Belgium), Gaz Industrie (France) and manufacturing operations in Monterrey, Mexico.
T&B HVAC designs, manufactures and sells unit heaters, radiant heaters and rooftop heating, ventilation and cooling products for industrial and commercial applications. Principal end-use applications for T&B HVAC products include warehouses, factories, restaurants, retail locations and institutions and other applications.
Net sales of T&B HVAC were about $160 million in 2013. The transaction is expected to close during the second quarter of 2014, subject to customary closing conditions.
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions