Nortek Pays $260M for Thomas & Betts’ HVAC Business
Nortek signed a definitive agreement to acquire the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) business of Thomas & Betts, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of ABB.
Under the terms of the agreement, Nortek will pay about $260 million for Thomas & Betts’ HVAC business in an all-cash transaction. T&B HVAC includes Reznor Manufacturing (US), AmbiRad (UK), Reznor Europe (Belgium), Gaz Industrie (France) and manufacturing operations in Monterrey, Mexico.
T&B HVAC designs, manufactures and sells unit heaters, radiant heaters and rooftop heating, ventilation and cooling products for industrial and commercial applications. Principal end-use applications for T&B HVAC products include warehouses, factories, restaurants, retail locations and institutions and other applications.
Net sales of T&B HVAC were about $160 million in 2013. The transaction is expected to close during the second quarter of 2014, subject to customary closing conditions.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends