NREL Honors 3 Energy Start-Ups
NREL hosted its Industry Growth Forum this week for nearly 400 investors, entrepreneurs and scientists in the clean energy industry. After hearing business case presentations from 30 clean energy companies, NREL singled out three entrepreneurial businesses to win the 2013 Clean Energy Venture Awards.
The following award winners will receive in-kind commercialization support to help increase their chances of becoming commercially successful:
Ener-G-Rotors received the top prize, the Best Venture award. This New York-based company sells devices that are a breakthrough in the economic generation of electricity from low temperature heat.
An Outstanding Venture award went to Boulder Ionics. This Arvada, Colo., company is a commercial supplier of ionic-liquid based high-performance electrolytes and related chemicals for energy storage devices.
An Outstanding Venture award also went to HIECO. This Canadian company is focused on developing and commercializing a nonthermal pasteurization method.
Since 2003, the presenting prototype, pre-commercial, and expanding cleantech companies that have presented have collectively raised more than $5 billion in growth financing.
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement