NREL Honors 3 Energy Start-Ups
NREL hosted its Industry Growth Forum this week for nearly 400 investors, entrepreneurs and scientists in the clean energy industry. After hearing business case presentations from 30 clean energy companies, NREL singled out three entrepreneurial businesses to win the 2013 Clean Energy Venture Awards.
The following award winners will receive in-kind commercialization support to help increase their chances of becoming commercially successful:
Ener-G-Rotors received the top prize, the Best Venture award. This New York-based company sells devices that are a breakthrough in the economic generation of electricity from low temperature heat.
An Outstanding Venture award went to Boulder Ionics. This Arvada, Colo., company is a commercial supplier of ionic-liquid based high-performance electrolytes and related chemicals for energy storage devices.
An Outstanding Venture award also went to HIECO. This Canadian company is focused on developing and commercializing a nonthermal pasteurization method.
Since 2003, the presenting prototype, pre-commercial, and expanding cleantech companies that have presented have collectively raised more than $5 billion in growth financing.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends