NREL Honors 3 Energy Start-Ups
NREL hosted its Industry Growth Forum this week for nearly 400 investors, entrepreneurs and scientists in the clean energy industry. After hearing business case presentations from 30 clean energy companies, NREL singled out three entrepreneurial businesses to win the 2013 Clean Energy Venture Awards.
The following award winners will receive in-kind commercialization support to help increase their chances of becoming commercially successful:
Ener-G-Rotors received the top prize, the Best Venture award. This New York-based company sells devices that are a breakthrough in the economic generation of electricity from low temperature heat.
An Outstanding Venture award went to Boulder Ionics. This Arvada, Colo., company is a commercial supplier of ionic-liquid based high-performance electrolytes and related chemicals for energy storage devices.
An Outstanding Venture award also went to HIECO. This Canadian company is focused on developing and commercializing a nonthermal pasteurization method.
Since 2003, the presenting prototype, pre-commercial, and expanding cleantech companies that have presented have collectively raised more than $5 billion in growth financing.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Under the Lens: Claiming Green
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement