NREL Portal Compares Energy Products
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) has developed a web portal that shows energy performance data for building products. The Technology Performance Exchange (TPEx) helps energy managers evaluate and compare the energy performance of a particular product or technology class.
The TPEx reduces analysis uncertainty through the use of data entry forms, standardized documents that identify the minimum product-specific performance parameters needed to evaluate a product’s energy performance.
TPEx users are able to perform apples-to-apples comparisons of products. Consumers can also browse the TPEx to find the most appropriate product for their particular use. Currently, the TPEx accepts data for 17 distinct product categories, ranging from solar photovoltaic modules to solid state lighting to compressors.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- BuildingIQ Security
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement