NREL Portal Compares Energy Products
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) has developed a web portal that shows energy performance data for building products. The Technology Performance Exchange (TPEx) helps energy managers evaluate and compare the energy performance of a particular product or technology class.
The TPEx reduces analysis uncertainty through the use of data entry forms, standardized documents that identify the minimum product-specific performance parameters needed to evaluate a product’s energy performance.
TPEx users are able to perform apples-to-apples comparisons of products. Consumers can also browse the TPEx to find the most appropriate product for their particular use. Currently, the TPEx accepts data for 17 distinct product categories, ranging from solar photovoltaic modules to solid state lighting to compressors.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management