NRG Acquires Energy Curtailment Specialists, Works with ThinkEco
NRG Energy has acquired Energy Curtailment Specialists in a transaction with undisclosed terms. Energy Curtailment Specialists currently manages more than 2,000 MW of demand response across the US for over 5,000 customers.
Jim Korczykowski will continue to serve as president of Energy Curtailment Specialists within the NRG Energy organization. Energy Curtailment Specialists’ headquarters will remain in the Buffalo, NY area.
In other news, Reliant, an NRG Energy company and a retail electric provider in Texas, will offer a new Smart Outlet from ThinkEco. The Smart Outlet is a cloud-based, energy-efficiency product that tracks plugged-in equipment and wirelessly sends real-time usage data to Internet-connected computers, smartphones or tablets. The Smart Outlet fits onto any standard electrical outlet, making the technology platform scalable to commercial environments of any size. Managers can centrally control and monitor their devices through a web browser, or by using ThinkEco’s free iPhone and Android apps.
Reliant is the first retail electric provider in Texas to offer a solution of this type to its large commercial customers or customers whose peak usage is greater than 1 MW. By monitoring energy use, business managers can understand daily, weekly or monthly patterns and set on/off schedules for individual devices or whole departments.
- 9 Ways to Reduce Energy Costs
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems