NRG Acquires Energy Curtailment Specialists, Works with ThinkEco
NRG Energy has acquired Energy Curtailment Specialists in a transaction with undisclosed terms. Energy Curtailment Specialists currently manages more than 2,000 MW of demand response across the US for over 5,000 customers.
Jim Korczykowski will continue to serve as president of Energy Curtailment Specialists within the NRG Energy organization. Energy Curtailment Specialists’ headquarters will remain in the Buffalo, NY area.
In other news, Reliant, an NRG Energy company and a retail electric provider in Texas, will offer a new Smart Outlet from ThinkEco. The Smart Outlet is a cloud-based, energy-efficiency product that tracks plugged-in equipment and wirelessly sends real-time usage data to Internet-connected computers, smartphones or tablets. The Smart Outlet fits onto any standard electrical outlet, making the technology platform scalable to commercial environments of any size. Managers can centrally control and monitor their devices through a web browser, or by using ThinkEco’s free iPhone and Android apps.
Reliant is the first retail electric provider in Texas to offer a solution of this type to its large commercial customers or customers whose peak usage is greater than 1 MW. By monitoring energy use, business managers can understand daily, weekly or monthly patterns and set on/off schedules for individual devices or whole departments.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management