NRG Continues Buying Binge
NRG Energy has acquired Roof Diagnostics Solar (RDS). Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
“With the price of residential solar increasingly competitive with the retail price of power in multiple states, the time is now for NRG to ramp up its efforts to bring the benefit of self-generation to NRG’s millions of present and future retail electricity customers,” said David Crane, president and CEO of NRG Energy, in a statement.
Roof Diagnostics began operations in 2011. The 475-employee company is prominent in the Northeast and is now expanding into California and other areas. RDS’ headquarters will remain in Wall Township, NJ. Over the next month, the company will begin operating under the brand NRG Residential Solar Solutions. Kelcy Pegler, CEO of Roof Diagnostics, will continue to lead RDS for NRG.
NRG’s President David Crane recently penned an article to company shareholders, saying “There is no Amazon, Apple, Facebook or Google in the American energy industry today…. but we are doing everything in our power to head in that direction…as fast as we can.”
Crane’s letter continued: “We are in the process of reorganizing ourselves from the customer’s perspective. Our conventional generation business will be not only focused on maintaining our existing 50,000 MW fleet in top operating condition, but also on repowering select plants with flexible fast start units located in advantageous positions on the grid. Furthermore, in response to the increasing realization in the business community that no serious industry or commercial enterprise can prudently run their business based on 100 percent dependence on the grid, we see a growing B2B opportunity for our wholesale business in ‘on-site’ generation for industry and large-scale commercial customers.”
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement