NRG Continues Buying Binge
NRG Energy has acquired Roof Diagnostics Solar (RDS). Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
“With the price of residential solar increasingly competitive with the retail price of power in multiple states, the time is now for NRG to ramp up its efforts to bring the benefit of self-generation to NRG’s millions of present and future retail electricity customers,” said David Crane, president and CEO of NRG Energy, in a statement.
Roof Diagnostics began operations in 2011. The 475-employee company is prominent in the Northeast and is now expanding into California and other areas. RDS’ headquarters will remain in Wall Township, NJ. Over the next month, the company will begin operating under the brand NRG Residential Solar Solutions. Kelcy Pegler, CEO of Roof Diagnostics, will continue to lead RDS for NRG.
NRG’s President David Crane recently penned an article to company shareholders, saying “There is no Amazon, Apple, Facebook or Google in the American energy industry today…. but we are doing everything in our power to head in that direction…as fast as we can.”
Crane’s letter continued: “We are in the process of reorganizing ourselves from the customer’s perspective. Our conventional generation business will be not only focused on maintaining our existing 50,000 MW fleet in top operating condition, but also on repowering select plants with flexible fast start units located in advantageous positions on the grid. Furthermore, in response to the increasing realization in the business community that no serious industry or commercial enterprise can prudently run their business based on 100 percent dependence on the grid, we see a growing B2B opportunity for our wholesale business in ‘on-site’ generation for industry and large-scale commercial customers.”
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide