NRG Energy Buys Solar Facility on St. Croix
NRG Energy purchased the 4 MW Spanish Town Estate Solar project on the island of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands from Toshiba International. Once completed, the power will be sold to the US Virgin Island Water and Power Authority under a 25-year power purchase agreement (PPA).
This project expands NRG’s efforts in the Caribbean with utility-scale solar and distributed solar projects in Haiti and St. John, and a microgrid installation in progress on Necker Island.
Construction of the Spanish Town Estate Solar project began in April 2014. With the purchase of the project, NRG, through its subsidiaries, will be the sole owner of the facility, while Toshiba will continue to serve as the lead on engineering, procurement and construction.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation