NRG Energy Buys Solar Facility on St. Croix
NRG Energy purchased the 4 MW Spanish Town Estate Solar project on the island of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands from Toshiba International. Once completed, the power will be sold to the US Virgin Island Water and Power Authority under a 25-year power purchase agreement (PPA).
This project expands NRG’s efforts in the Caribbean with utility-scale solar and distributed solar projects in Haiti and St. John, and a microgrid installation in progress on Necker Island.
Construction of the Spanish Town Estate Solar project began in April 2014. With the purchase of the project, NRG, through its subsidiaries, will be the sole owner of the facility, while Toshiba will continue to serve as the lead on engineering, procurement and construction.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Combined Heat and Power
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management