NRG Energy Buys Solar Facility on St. Croix
NRG Energy purchased the 4 MW Spanish Town Estate Solar project on the island of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands from Toshiba International. Once completed, the power will be sold to the US Virgin Island Water and Power Authority under a 25-year power purchase agreement (PPA).
This project expands NRG’s efforts in the Caribbean with utility-scale solar and distributed solar projects in Haiti and St. John, and a microgrid installation in progress on Necker Island.
Construction of the Spanish Town Estate Solar project began in April 2014. With the purchase of the project, NRG, through its subsidiaries, will be the sole owner of the facility, while Toshiba will continue to serve as the lead on engineering, procurement and construction.
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Let's Do The Math for DR