NRG Energy Buys Solar Facility on St. Croix
NRG Energy purchased the 4 MW Spanish Town Estate Solar project on the island of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands from Toshiba International. Once completed, the power will be sold to the US Virgin Island Water and Power Authority under a 25-year power purchase agreement (PPA).
This project expands NRG’s efforts in the Caribbean with utility-scale solar and distributed solar projects in Haiti and St. John, and a microgrid installation in progress on Necker Island.
Construction of the Spanish Town Estate Solar project began in April 2014. With the purchase of the project, NRG, through its subsidiaries, will be the sole owner of the facility, while Toshiba will continue to serve as the lead on engineering, procurement and construction.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls