NRG Energy Buys Solar Facility on St. Croix
NRG Energy purchased the 4 MW Spanish Town Estate Solar project on the island of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands from Toshiba International. Once completed, the power will be sold to the US Virgin Island Water and Power Authority under a 25-year power purchase agreement (PPA).
This project expands NRG’s efforts in the Caribbean with utility-scale solar and distributed solar projects in Haiti and St. John, and a microgrid installation in progress on Necker Island.
Construction of the Spanish Town Estate Solar project began in April 2014. With the purchase of the project, NRG, through its subsidiaries, will be the sole owner of the facility, while Toshiba will continue to serve as the lead on engineering, procurement and construction.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity