NRG Solar’s Portfolio Surpasses 1,200 MW
NRG Solar’s portfolio of thermal and photovoltaic (PV) projects has more than doubled since the end of 2012. The company’s four largest projects have all achieved full completion in the past 10 months:
- Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System is the world’s largest concentrated solar thermal power (CSP) plant with an output of 392 MW.
- Agua Caliente solar photovoltaic (PV) plant has an output of 290 MW.
- California Valley Solar Ranch produces up to 250 MW at peak capacity.
- Alpine is the first large-scale solar plant built in Los Angeles County, with an output of 66 MW.
In 2014, NRG has completed solar installations at four NFL stadiums – FedExField, MetLife Stadium, Lincoln Financial Field and Patriot Place at Gillette Stadium, with a fifth under construction at Levi’s Stadium in California.
Later this year, NRG will also be completing work on the Community project in California’s Imperial Valley as well as a rooftop installation for MGM’s Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas. Work will also begin on three Starwood Resort and Hotel properties in Scottsdale, Ariz.; Maui, Hawaii; and on the island of St. John in the US Virgin Islands.
Earlier this month, the company announced the groundbreaking of a 25 MW installation called Dandan that will be Guam’s first solar power plant, and last month announced an agreement with Virgin Limited Edition to power Necker Island with a renewable energy-driven micro-grid solution.
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- There’s Money in the Trash
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection