NRG Solar’s Portfolio Surpasses 1,200 MW
NRG Solar’s portfolio of thermal and photovoltaic (PV) projects has more than doubled since the end of 2012. The company’s four largest projects have all achieved full completion in the past 10 months:
- Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System is the world’s largest concentrated solar thermal power (CSP) plant with an output of 392 MW.
- Agua Caliente solar photovoltaic (PV) plant has an output of 290 MW.
- California Valley Solar Ranch produces up to 250 MW at peak capacity.
- Alpine is the first large-scale solar plant built in Los Angeles County, with an output of 66 MW.
In 2014, NRG has completed solar installations at four NFL stadiums – FedExField, MetLife Stadium, Lincoln Financial Field and Patriot Place at Gillette Stadium, with a fifth under construction at Levi’s Stadium in California.
Later this year, NRG will also be completing work on the Community project in California’s Imperial Valley as well as a rooftop installation for MGM’s Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas. Work will also begin on three Starwood Resort and Hotel properties in Scottsdale, Ariz.; Maui, Hawaii; and on the island of St. John in the US Virgin Islands.
Earlier this month, the company announced the groundbreaking of a 25 MW installation called Dandan that will be Guam’s first solar power plant, and last month announced an agreement with Virgin Limited Edition to power Necker Island with a renewable energy-driven micro-grid solution.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement